Opening Day Weekend Saturday, April 10 and Sunday, April 11!
Frederick National Little League is celebrating its 70th anniversary and we are excited to start the season off right!
This year’s ceremony will look different than in years past due to capacity restrictions and therefore, we can only accommodate our Majors teams in-person for the ceremony. However, we will be live streaming the ceremony on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/FrederickNational for our Minors: Tee Ball, Coach Pitch and Kid Pitch teams, families and fans to safely watch from home and ALL TEAMS will play a game either Saturday or Sunday creating an Opening Day Weekend!! Team pictures will be held later in the season with details coming soon.
Majors players on Saturday, April 10th for the ceremony:
- Please remember to wear your mask.
- Arrive at 10:30am at Staley Stadium for the opening ceremony.(See below for desingated meeting spot)
- Teammates, Manager and Coaches will parade onto the field.
Teams will meet up in the following areas:
- Lions: shed behind the press box
- Civitans: mower shed
- NECA: batting cage/bleachers
- Optimist: Jen’s pen (3rd base line)
Families, please see seating areas as listed below for games.
Game Schedule for Opening Day Weekend!
- Minors Kid Pitch, Coach Pitch and Tee Ball teams will have an "Opening Ceremony" as part of their game with player, Manager and Coaches names announced and the National Anthem played.
Saturday, April 10th *Please check with your Manager/Coaches what time you should arrive prior to gametime.
- 1:00pm - Max Kehne (7th Street): Rays vs. EFLL coach pitch team
- 1:00pm - Staley Stadium: Civitan vs. NECA(Home team/concessions)
- 4:00pm - Staley Stadium: Lions vs Optimist(Home team/concessions)
- 7:00pm - Staley Stadium: A's vs. Nationals(Home team/concessions)
Sunday, April 11th *Please check with your Manager/Coaches what time you should arrive prior to gametime.
- 12:00pm - Staley Stadium: EFLL tee ball team vs. Giants(Home team/concessions)
- 1:30pm - Staley Stadium: Padres vs. Cubs(Home team/concessions)
- 3:00pm - Staley Stadium: Phillies vs. Diamondbacks(Home team/concessions)
- 5:00pm - Staley Stadium: Orioles vs. Rangers(Home team/concessions)
Parents and siblings of players:
- Please wear your facemask as you:
- walk around
- go to concessions
- are close to others
- You are welcome to sit socially distanced (please bring your own chairs) in the following areas:
- Grassy area along 3rd base fence.
- Grassy area behind 1st base fence.
- Benches and grassy area in outfield areas.
- Bleachers near concessions are NOT open to spectators as this is the "Dugout" area for players.
- Will concessions be open? *Yes! The team that is listed as the Home team will be running concessions for that game. Team parents may choose to have parents sign up for the whole game, or by innings. A detailed email on Concessions is being sent to Team Parents, Managers nd Coaches.
- Can we bring our own food? *Yes! Please dispose of our trash responsively in trash and recycling receptacles.
- Will bathrooms be open? *Yes! Bathrooms are to be cleaned at the end of each game by the listed Home team.
- Can spectators watch from the bleachers near concessions? *No, these will be occupied by players as their "dugout" area.
- Is there a drop off area? *Yes, players may be dropped off at the Fogle Pavilion on Staley Avenue. Please use extreme caution while traveling down Staley Avenue.
- Where should we park? *Limited parking is available on Staley Avenue, please consider foul balls. Additional parking is available in the lot off of the third base side: From 13th Street turn right onto Offut Alley to park. Please do not park in the court of townhomes on Staley Avenue or on Rose Lane.